Monday, April 5, 2010

Picnic Table: The Finished Piece!

I completed this picnic table  from plans  Knock off Wood

Since last posting about my project, I used wood filler and filled in all of the screw holes...


After the wood filler dried, I pulled out my super cool sander for the first time.
I have wanted one of these FOR YEARS! 
But it isn't something that I would buy for myself...

But if you send your husband to Lowe's in the wee hours of Black Friday, he will bring you what you want home...

Sanding was super fun. 
I let the kids loose in the backyard and got to work smoothing out everything.



I used KILLZ interior/exterior primer to seal everything and to further cover the screw holes.
I let my babies "help me" prime for as long as I could tolerate...


Richard (happily) helped me paint the picnic table a lovely shade of orange this weekend.
I chose several paint samples and from those Lucas chose Nectarina by Olympic.

We purchased a quart of exterior semi-gloss.  

I am not sure about our facination with the color orange right now, but it is perfect!
We were sooo happy with how the color turned out!

Lucas and Meredith adore the table even more than they did before.
 
What do you think? 

4 comments:

The Redhead Riter said...

Fantastic job and I really like the color!

Anonymous said...

That looks great! And it isn't super orangy either.

Frugal Home Designs said...

You did such a great job. Don't you love your sander. It makes life so much easier.

Destiny said...

Yeah!! You did such a good JOB! I can't wait to tackle a couple of those myself! Thanks for visting my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails