Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cake Mix Cookie Recipe!

Since we were having an Abby birthday party, I envisioned all the desserts being pink!
We made the perfectly delicious strawberry cookies shown below...


The first time I ever made these was for an Army function.
I needed something to take, and I didn't have a lot of time. 
I did have a chocolate cake mix, oil and eggs. 
I thought why can't I make cookies out of these?

After a search online, which pulled up a sea of recipes, I chose one I most liked.
Straight from Betty Crocker herself, this is what I did...


1 box cake mix any flavor (forgive me for not getting BC, this was onsale for $0.88)
2 large eggs
1/3 cup of oil
(The recipe says vegetable oil, which i never buy because i don't fry things.  The canola oil was substituted and worked wonderfully!)

So easy, that I let my almost 2 year old do all the steps!

Pour your cake mix in the bowl.
Add oil and 2 eggs and mix together until well combined.

I used my electric hand mixer, not the spoon as shown above.

Place teaspoons on a cookie sheet.

In a preheated 350* oven, bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes.

And you will end up with this!
They are so moist and full of flavor.
You have to try it!

I LOVE doing this with my kids because there are no dry ingredients to measure. 
Low stress, low mess.

I have written the recipe below!



Cake Mix Cookies

1 box of cake mix, any flavor
2 large eggs
1/3 cup oil

Preheat oven to 350*
Pour cake mix in a bowl.  Add eggs and oil.  Beat with mixer for 2 minutes or until combined well.
Add teaspoonsof cookies to a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8 - 10 minutes.

Yields: 48 cookies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man the next time we go to a dinner party and I need to bring something I am definitely going to make cake cookies. Heck, I think I might go make some of these for myself.

Morgan said...

They look so simple and yummy I think even I can bake them!

Kelly and Matt said...

Dev, I love these, too. I made several batches over the holidays using a chocolate cake mix and added white chocolate chips. So quick and easy - and always a big hit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails