Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Peep Krispie Treats Recipe!

A mouse got into my peeps!

Actually, my kids decided they didn't like peeps! 
And taking from the persistence of me, they kept trying to eat them again and again...


What kid doesn't like Peeps?!
Especially ones who LOVE marshamallows!

So I decided to try them out for Mere's party to make Rice Krispie Treats with Peeps!


I found this recipe but I didn't have enough PINK Peeps to fulfil the recipe.
So I modified and tried my own method...

I threw 24 peeps (disregarding the ones that were half-eaten!) and a handful of mini marshmallows.

I let everything melt over medium low heat, to create lovely pink mess of marshmallow...

Then I stirred in 4 cups of rice krispies. 

I pressed them into a dish, and they were so pretty and sparkly.
Thank you pink sugar crystals!


And they fit in perfectly with the pink theme of the party!
They were not sweeter than typical Rice Krispie Treats, and were quite yummy.

Read below for the full recipe!

Peeps Krispie Treats

3 TBL butter
24 Peeps (any color, all one color, or a rainbow of colors!)
6 cups of Rice Krispie Cereal

Heat a large pot over medium low.  Add butter and marshmallows and stir until completely melted. 
Marshmallows burn quickly, so please continue to stir! 
When melted, remove from heat and pour in 6 cups of cereal.  Stir until coated with marshmallows. 

Pour into a buttered 9x9 dish.  Wet your hand under cold water and push the treats into the dish.  Let set for a few hours before slicing.
*Tip* If you keep cold water running, you want actually dip your hand under the water and then pull the krispies "stuck" in the pot out without burning yourself.  Wet, pull out, wet again.  Use this same method to push into the dish without getting it stuck to your fingers! 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well now - isn't that a way to use up those peeps :) Great recipe!

Molly BW said...

I know this is an old post, but this is such a cute idea! I'll be using this. Maybe valentine rice crispy treats even?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails