Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Baskets!

Lucas and Meredith needed an upgrade on their Easter baskets. 

After exploring the basket options in the local stores, and Lucas chose a PINK one, I decided to go a different route. 

I don't mind him having a pink basket, but a few years from now, he may --
and I knew Richard would never go for a pink one.

After looking at the rows of painted baskets, I thought
"Why don't we just paint our own!?"

So I had them each pick a paint color and a basket...


Lucas painted with his favorite color - GREEN

And Meredith chose purple!


The baskets were left to dry...
I didn't think they look awful...they looked like I let my little kids paint them...

Until we arrived at our egg hunt for the weekend!

There we were surrounded by children with their $30 dollar lined and monogrammed PBK baskets...
Luckily, my children didn't notice...

They were too busy collecting eggs to even care....



But mommy and daddy noticed...
After the hunt, I ventured off to look for replacement spray paint in the desired purple and green colors.


And spent the evening putting on multiple coats, in the dark...
looking at the photo now, I notice they may need one more coat... 
I had planned to make liners with scrap fabric, but since my sewing machine hates me right now, that project will have to wait...

Luckily, I finished the baskets in time for the infamous Bunny's arrival.
I hope you have a Happy Easter!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails