Wednesday, May 19, 2010

House Tour: Girly Room

Welcome to my baby girl's room!


We were so wrapped up in moving and meeting our house that I had no idea what her room
would look like when prepping for her arrival.

So it stayed like this for a little while...

Once we were settled,  I knew a few things.

I was in love with this simple and soft white floral bedding.
I did not want her room to be all one color.
I wanted to incorporate all my bunny accessories that I had in my room growing up.

This is what you see standing from the hallway...


We chose a light pink and a light green based on the flowers in her quilt. 
The stripe in the center was taped out first.
My husband did an amazing job. 

We purchased her dresser with mirror, and nightstand in an antique store that I told you about before.
Solid wood.  Super sturdy.  Super simple.  I adore it.


I received this musical carosel for Christmas when I was 6 or 7 years old. 
If you know how old I am, you can figure out how old this is.


Mere received her big pink piggy last Christmas.
The mini white one was on clearance at Michaels for $1 after Valentine's.
The lamp was also a Tarjay clearance find...


Mere's bookcase is one of my favorite things.
Her jewlery hanger is my own creation, with tutorial here.
The pink bear is a bean bag chair.
And the pink rocker is the most comfy seat in the house.


The bunnies on the shelf are all beanie bunnies that were mine growing up.
The Velveteen Rabbit was my own copy.

The other bunny books were gifts to Meredith.
Guess How Much I Love You  is one of my all-time favorites.
We don't read this copy though, we have board book version.

Across from her bookcase lives her lovely toddler-sized bed.


We are convienced that she will be in it for a very long time.
Especially since the massive amount of stuffed animals does not inhibit her sleeping...
(she has a mental inventory of all her animals and knows if one is missing)

Above her bed are the remainder of my bunny collection, and a Peter Cottontail Collection that is at least 21 years old (shh, don't tell my brother, they have his name in them)...

And just for fun, I will show you what it looks like as you walk out...
In case you need a hot pink, character purse, we store those behind her door.


Thanks for stopping by! 

Hopefully, it won't take 10 hours to create my next post so you can see the rest of my home!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails