Thursday, March 25, 2010

Kid Craft: Paper Plate Animal

I love Paper Plate Crafts. 
They are easy for children of all ages. 

We made a paper plate duck. 

Here is how you do it....

Supplies:

 Yellow Paper Plate (the dollar store has different colors for cheap)
                  ***Other alternatives: use a white paper plate and have the child paint it the desired color
                                                                                           OR
                                                    cut a large circle out of cardstock/construction paper of desired color

TWO pink circles
ONE orange triangle
TWO wiggly eyes
        ***Other alternative: cut TWO circles out of paper
FEATHERS (find these in any craft section!)
      ***other alternative: cut a feather shape out of paper


For my children, I prefer to let them follow their natural reaction of placement.  I never tell them where something SHOULD go. 

For my 2-year-old Mere, I put glue down for her after she tells me where she wants to put her shapes.
She hates being "sticky."
For my 3-year-old son, I let him do the whole project on his own.

The finished product!

You can have SEVERAL variations on this project! 

Here is a bunny....
Don't forget the whiskers (I forgot to put them in the photo!)


Stay tuned for more Easter and Spring crafts!

1 comment:

Frugal Home Designs said...

I am going to have to try this with the kids. Looks fun, but not too hard or messy :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails