Monday, January 31, 2011

Valentine Storage Box


As we have snuck into February, there are only 13 more days until Valentine's Day!
Are you preparing special surprises for your loved ones?
Since my son is in Preschool, we have to send him to school with a decorated box to collect those sweet notes.
We found a kiddie-sized shoe box. You could also use an empty tissue box.
After sorting through my wrapping paper stash, we wrapped the bottom half of the box in a red and white stripe.
The top...I carefully cut a large hole in the center. We covered using white cardstock.
And then Lucas had a marvelous time decorating to his heart's content!
He covered the box around all the edges, insisting that each of the hearts were touching....
And the top was a piece of art.....
We used foam hearts with a sticky side (clearance after last year's VDay at Michael's!!).
I am certain that he will be more than prepared for the love notes from his girlfriends....oh wait, he is only 3!
Do you receive such a mass of Valentine's you need your own box too?
Are you making boxes with your kiddos?
I'd love to see!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Very very cute. For Sara Ellen's class, we were only asked to make valentine cards. We worked on them last weekend. Naturally I tried to only guide her to some organized ideas but ended up making some of them myself. But I did get her to write the message and sign her name. She also drew pictures on several. The box is a really cute idea. You could probably use it again down the line.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails