Thursday, February 3, 2011

Rug: Before and After

I have a confession to make.
We have lived in our current home for THREE years come March.
And for the past three years we have lived like this:


Yes, that is a towel on the floor.
A towel rug, if you will....
Do you think I could market it?

Yeah, I didn't think so either.

But we have a dog, and a muddy yard, and it always made sense.
And because I waited for the towel rug fad to catch on, and it didn't, I finally decided to spend the money to buy a real rug for the entryways.

We started off with one.
You know, to see how we would like it.

I found a neutral and light colored rug (our doggie has white hair that sticks to everything)....
The rug also claimed to be stain resistant and came with a gripper on the back, so no additional money spent and it won't slide.



Can you believe what a huge difference a rug made in our life?
LOVE IT!
Instant warmth, and instant dirt catcher.




I went back and purchased the same rug for the other two doors in our home.

Have you ever made a simple and obvious change and wondered how you ever lived without it?
I have a million on them.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Simple changes that leave a big impression are my favorite. We put our entry rug and runner in the garage when we got the new floors put in (over a year ago). I recently had guests coming over on a snowy day and thought I should have something for them to rub their shoes on. I found the rug again and am so glad to have it back (not sure if I want the runner back too).
I like the rug you bought, it looks very nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails